Software Licence Agreement – Monthly Fee
If you are a software company that provides software licences to customers in exchange for a monthly license fee, then this Agreement is for you. The Agreement caters for the development of a project or test plan, installation, customisations and enhancements. The Agreement also strives to assist the software company in the event of any unforeseen problems, such as viruses, hacking or the Client’s abuse of the licenses.
SOFTWARE LICENCE AGREEMENT
Summary If you are a software company that provides software licences to customers in exchange for a monthly license fee, then this Agreement is for you. The Agreement caters for the development of a project or test plan, installation, customisations and enhancements and sets the parameters in respect of the Client’s rights in the Software Licenses. The Agreement also strives to assist the software company in the event of any unforeseen problems, such as viruses, hacking or the Client’s abuse of the licenses.
Why do I need a Software Licence Agreement? If your business provides a software development service to Clients, or if you have developed or acquired the rights to a software product that you offer to Clients, then you may consider using this agreement to contract with your Clients. This document may be used in conjunction with our Software Support Agreement.
Licence fees are paid annually? No problem – we have an annual Software Licence Agreement as well!
What does the Software Licence Agreement say? The template Software Support Agreement consists of: A definition section; A grant of the license; Rental and terms of payment; Term and Termination; Project Plan, Installation, and Customisations and Enhancements; Intellectual Property Rights and Confidentiality; Support and Warranties; Exclusions and Limitation of Liability; Notices and General provisions.
What does the standard Software Licence Agreement look like? The agreement contains four sections, and can be printed onto eight pages. The sections are:
- A details section: this requires you to fill in the Licensee’s details.
- The terms and conditions: the terms of the software licence agreement are set out in a double-column format.
- Schedule – Licenses: this section details the number of licenses required and associated issues.
- Schedule – Fees: this section sets out the monthly fees payable, and any up-front costs.
What do you need to do to use the Software Licence Agreement template?
- Read the document to ensure that it suits your requirements. Make changes as required.
- Complete the Schedules with the software license details and fees
- Read the terms and conditions and ensure you are comfortable with the provisions
- Complete the Licensee Details page, and get your Client to sign, accepting the terms and conditions
- You sign in acceptance.
Also viewed: General IT Support & Maintenance Contract
Also known as: Software Licence Agreement; License Contract; Software License Contract; Software Licence Contract
The Online Agreements Shop cc and its members, staff, legal advisers, partners and consultants, agents and any person associated therewith cannot be held liable for any loss or damage that is incurred or may be incurred by any person as a direct or indirect result of the use of this website or any document or information contained on or obtained from this website, nor as a result of anything that is contained in or left out of any document.