Contractor Questionnaires – to determine tax
A business employing contractors to render services may consider using these questionnaires to help it determine whether the business is liable to withhold and pay over tax as required by SARS.
To determine Tax
Summary: A business employing contractors to render services may consider using these questionnaires to help it determine whether the business is liable to withhold and pay over tax as required by SARS.
Who should use these Contractor Questionnaires? If your business employs contractors in a variety of roles, and to perform a variety of services, then these Contractor Questionnaires may be considered. The questionnaires are given to your contractors to complete, in order to assist you to determine whether you are required to withhold employees’ tax in respect of the contractor.
What does the Contractor Questionnaires pack include?
The pack consists of:
- Contractor Questionnaire for individuals, sole proprietors and partnerships – for employees’ tax purposes
- Contractor Questionnaire for Labour Brokers – for employees’ tax purposes
- Contractor Questionnaire for companies, close corporations, trusts or other legal entities – for employees’ tax purposes
- Plus: Free – SARS Interpretation Note 17 (Employees Tax for Independent Contractors)
- Plus: Free – SARS Interpretation Note 35 (Employees Tax for Labour Brokers)
What do the Contractor Questionnaires look like? Each questionnaire can be printed onto one or two A4 pages, and include a guide to help determine whether employees’ tax needs to be withheld and paid over to SARS.
What do you need to do to use the Contractor Questionnaires?
- Select the required Contractor Questionnaire
- Get your contractor to complete it
- Review the contractor’s answers against the guide
- Remember to confirm the results with you finance department / accountant. These documents are intended as a general guide only, and should not be relied on when making financial or tax decisions.
Also viewed: Contractor Agreement
The Online Agreements Shop cc and its members, staff, legal advisers, partners and consultants, agents and any person associated therewith cannot be held liable for any loss or damage that is incurred or may be incurred by any person as a direct or indirect result of the use of this website or any document or information contained on or obtained from this website, nor as a result of anything that is contained in or left out of any document.