LETTER OF DEMAND FOR RENTAL
This Letter of Demand for Rental may be used where rental is owed to you by a tenant, and has not yet been paid. A Letter of Demand calls on the tenant to pay the rental and associated amounts due, failing which further action will be taken.
Why do I need a Letter of Demand?
A Letter of Demand for Rental reminds a tenant of the amount that is due for payment, and gives the tenant a deadline for the payment. The Letter of Demand warns the tenant of the legal consequences of ignoring the demand.
Who should use a Letter of Demand?
If you rent out property and have a tenant that owes rent and/or associated amounts such as electricity, this Letter of Demand may be used to call on the tenant to pay the amounts owed.
What does the Letter of Demand say?
- The Letter of Demand strives to:
- Confirm the amount that is due
- Give the tenant a deadline in which to pay
- Provide for the insertion of bank details into which the rental can be paid
- Generally caution the tenant should the debt not be paid
What does the Letter of Demand look like?
- The letter can be printed onto one A4 page.
What do you need to do to use the Letter of Demand?
- Read the document to ensure that it suits your requirements. Make changes as required.
- Complete the relevant details, and send the Letter of Demand to the tenant.
Also known as:
- Demand Letter
- Final Notice
The Online Agreements Shop cc and its members, staff, legal advisers, partners and consultants, agents and any person associated therewith cannot be held liable for any loss or damage that is incurred or may be incurred by any person as a direct or indirect result of the use of this website or any document or information contained on or obtained from this website, nor as a result of anything that is contained in or left out of any document.